Wednesday 9 May 2012

Back on track

Welcome to my new followers Angela at Bright Star and George at Kylie's kitchen
it's good to have you on board.

I also want to say a big thankyou for all the lovely lovely comments you have all
left on my recent posts - they mean such a lot


I hope I can get back on track now as I've had a busy couple of weeks one way or another and have certainly missed keeping in touch with all my blogging friends.

I took myself off to browse around the shops today - I haven't done that for a long time. Normally it would be to do a bit of clothes shopping etc but today I steered clear and visited a few charity shops instead. Now this isn't normally my forte but I'm on the lookout for some vintagey bits and bobs and some fabric to make some bunting and as I know many of you have found some excellent pieces I thought I'd take a look. Well I have to say that I was very pleased with my purchases and thought I'd share them with you.

First there was this lovely embroidered tray cloth - which is too small for my
 large tray and as you can see too large for my small tray but hey ho!



Next I found two bone china tea cups and saucers -
I'm on a mission to collect several now after my finds a few weeks ago


This little doilly will definitely fit my round tray



I'm not sure if this is a tea or coffee pot
but it goes beautifully with the cups and some white china that I have already




Don't they go well together?





This second-hand shopping could become addictive!

I did buy some other bits but I'll leave those for another day.

Bye for now

12 comments:

  1. Oh my, that white teapot is stunning!!!
    Since the vintage tray cloth is too big for one and too small for another, it would be lovely in a bread basket! Beautiful finds.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is isn't it - my pride and joy. Good idea about using the cloth in a bread basket.

      Delete
  2. That's lovely and I adore your two new cloths. I need a new teapot. I never thought of charity shops to find one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is a new venture for me but I'm having fun.

      Delete
  3. Sounds as if you had a lovely time. I think shopping in charity shops is completely addictive. If you are ever near Pershore, there's amazing one for the local Hospice charity on the main car park. All the best, Jx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello!! Oh what lovely things! I especially love the china and coffee pot, what great finds! Oh definitely it is addictive..I think that's just how I started, and now I must have about 15 coffee pots and goodness knows how much china! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Marina. The trouble is though, where do you keep it all? We've just spent this weekend taking stuff to the charity shop - and here I am buying it!

      Delete
  5. Browsing charity shops is a weekly activity for me - you just never know what you are going to find. Love the coffee pot it is perfect just as an ornament.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love my coffee pot Elaine - I only spotted it on the way out after I'd already bought some other bits. I was obviously meant to buy it!

      Delete
  6. I keep reading about the wonderful things that people find in charity shops and I keep meaning to have a look round a few myself but so far I haven't got round to it. Having seen what you've found I shall really have to make the effort I think!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I must be honest Rowan it is only seeing what other people have bought that made me start looking. Before, I'd wander round without as much as a whiff of anything - but now I go in with certain ideas and sometimes come up trumps.

      Delete

I love comments! Thank you for taking the time to pop by and let me know what you think.