Wednesday 27 June 2012

School run - or walk even? and then France!

A warm welcome to Sarajan my latest follower - its good to have you on board and hope you enjoy reading my posts.

After I've taken my grandson L to school in the mornings and the weather is good I'll often go for a walk on the local common or lanes nearby just to get a bit of fresh air and give me some exercise. Today was glorious, the sun was shining and the skies were blue so I took myself off to where I used to take my own children to school when we lived in a different house and about ten minutes away by car. I didn't have my camera so used my iPhone and took pot luck.


This is the walk that I took every day



a tiny footpath between the fields



where horses grazed


and rabbits romped (there was one but it got away)


and where the hedgerows were filled with an abundance of colour












We did this walk every day for about 7 or 8 years where the children could stroke the horses most mornings and do a spot of blackberry picking on the way home in September when the fruit was at its best.


Nearing the end of the path now and just a short walk down this leafy lane 


to school



How different from today's manic school run, where everything including L is bundled into the car and then a slow drive up the hill due to the volume of traffic or the latest road works and then into the car park to see if you can actually park the car. This can take about 20 minutes start to finish. My own little walk to school was about the same time - but oh so pleasant.

On my way back to where I'd left my car I couldn't resist these two little cottages





Aren't they lovely?
Well at last we're off on our holidays - France - The Dordogne for 4 days and Carcassonne in Languedoc for 3 days. So unless I can get wi-fi in our hotel will be out of touch with Blogland until we return - with plenty of photos I hope.

Speak again soon

Patricia x

11 comments:

  1. That looks like a lovely walk and lucky you to have that beautiful blue sky, it's quite grey here today.

    Hope you have a great holiday and I'll be looking forward for lots and lots of photos on your return :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Paula, am certainly looking forward to getting away.
      Patricia x

      Delete
  2. What a glorious walk - away from traffic and other noise!
    Have a great holiday!
    June

    ReplyDelete
  3. A many thanks June. Will take lots of piccies.
    Patricia x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous walk.Hope you have a wonderful time in france and look forward to hearing all about it when you get back!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOvely walk ,I hope you have a great holiday and we get a nice post from it!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Enjoyed your walk Patricia and I didn't feel tired afterwards either. Have a good holiday with lots to tell us about on your return.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi - Just to let you know that I am passing on the 'One Lovely Blog Award' to you in recognition of your Lovely Blog - I will understand if you don't accept it but if you go to my blog at http://awomanofthesoil.blogspot.co.uk/2012/06/one-lovely-blog-award.html then you will see what the conditions of acceptance are.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You live in such a beautiful area. Everyone should walk more and drive less, especially if we all had paths as pretty as yours. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a lovely walk. Perfect for walking and talking.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a pretty walk! Enjoy your vacation. We have been to Carcassonne and it is beautiful there.

    Hugs from Holland ~
    Heidi

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thank you for taking the time to pop by and let me know what you think.