Friday, 27 December 2013

Time to relax

Loved my Christmas, it was great getting together with our daughter Emma and family where lots of fun was had with them all and much food and wine were consumed!

Boxing Day was beautiful, sunny and bright so we took ourselves off to Leigh on Sea for a bracing walk along the coastal path towards Chalkwell.









We met up with our son Jonathan, his family and in-Laws. About 14 of us in all and just what we all needed to blow away the cobwebs. Afterwards it was back to his home nearby for Brunch and an afternoon of games and pressie giving.

Now though is time for some real relaxation - reading new books which have had to be put to one side for a day or two; getting back to some writing - my journal and maybe starting the book I want to write in 2014; watching Downton Abbey and Call the Midwife; taking some more seaside or woody walks but most of all just simply chilling out! Mmmmmmm

Hope you all had a wonderful few days too.

Bye for now and see you soon x








- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

13 comments:

  1. Hello Patricia, what a lovely way to spend your days. Sounds a lot like the way I'm doing it...
    Enjoy and relax.
    Hugs
    Erna x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you had a wonderful time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. sounds like a perfect time. I love the idea of reading a new book, I have a few in a pile by my bed waiting for me. Happy 2014 I look forward to reading all about the goings on x

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sounds a perfect mix for me Patricia. It is wonderful to have children living near by so that you can all get together and you can enjoy seeing your grandchildren regularly.
    There is a new tearoom my friend discovered in Eastwood. It sounds a perfect Artist Date and I have it noted in my diary for January. Good luck with writing your book - that's a great plan for the new year. I hope TAW is helpful in creating inspiration and motivation.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your photos by the sea, very special memories for me, too! I have had a wonderful week too, and now find I am extraordinarily tired ... time to stop, and start reading my new Christmas books. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely photos, sounds like a lovely time was had
    BH x

    ReplyDelete
  7. How wonderful to walk by the sea to blow all the cobwebs away! Sounds like you have had a lovely Christmas. Best wishes to you for 2014:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. A lovely christmas you all had. I am pleased that you were with your son and family.
    A walk down near the sea..sounds just perfect..
    I caught up with my daily journal this morning.. i seem to skip a few days.. as time is flying.
    Wishing you a very Happy New Year Patricia.. to you and all your family.
    looking forward to more great posts in 2014..
    hugs val x x x x x x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds a great christmas. A lovely bracing walk by the sea as well! You lucky thing Patricia. I am trying to persuade Tony that we need to go to the seaside this week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like you had a lovely Christmas- Inspired by your journaling and writing aspirations- Good luck and best wishes for 2014.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm so glad you had a nice Christmas! I'll be cheering you on with the book writing in the New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sounds like you had a lovely Christmas, Karen! And yes, sometimes the bestest of best bits is the quiet time afterwards, reading your books - always there are books, and finishing off the fridge bits! Lxxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Glad you had such an enjoyable Christmas, Patricia, and I hope you're enjoying your relaxation. We had a Boxing day walk too, but in the woods rather than on the beach. :-)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thank you for taking the time to pop by and let me know what you think.