Wednesday 14 March 2012

New furniture and a new camera

Things have been pretty hectic here for a couple of weeks getting my guest room up to scratch with decorating and running around looking for carpets, curtains and some new furniture has left us exhausted. It's surprising how much time and effort it takes to get one room organised. The worst thing was having to empty our old spare wardrobe and chest of drawers of all their contents whilst waiting for the new furniture to arrive. Every room upstairs seemed to have something laying around and hopefully I may get a chance to sort out a few bits for the charity shop before re-stocking the new furniture. Anyway we're almost there and will post pictures in a few days.

In the meantime however, I have treated myself to this lovely new camera - a Canon Power Shot SX40HS and am absolutely delighted with it.



A bit larger than I'm used to, and a lot to take in - the instructions as usual are on software to be read on the computer (why they can't print a booklet I'll never know). Anyway if I get stuck, there's a function for Smart Auto, which means the camera will automatically select the best settings for the scene and then you just shoot.  My other camera is a Panasonic Lumix compact which has really done me proud and produced some good photos but felt an upgrade to one with more features was overdue.

5 comments:

  1. That in between time when decorating is a bit frustrating, but I'm sure it'll all be worth it once all the new things are in place and you can show us with photos taken with your fab new camera.
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds as if you've been really busy. I love the satisfaction of a newly decorated room but - like you - detest the general mess that seems to come with the process! Enjoy your new camera! Jx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too dislike the mess that surrounds decorating but love the finished effect. Your new camera looks good:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love my DSLR, it's a Sony because I always used to buy Minolta SLR's but Sony took them over. But I also love my little point and shoot Lumix, it takes great pictures and I never leave home without one, or both of them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks all singing all dancing! I am a bit of a technophobe, anything different takes me ages to adapt to.I've just about got the hang of our old camera!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thank you for taking the time to pop by and let me know what you think.